Workflow Background Process is a concurrent program which runs for processing deferred activities, timed out activities, and stuck processes using the parameters given. The background engine executes all activities that satisfy the given arguments at the time that the background engine is invoked.
Workflow Background Process is run with the help of Workflow Background Engine which is PL/SQL Procedure which runs this concurrent program with specified parameters.
Workflow Background Process Parameters:
- Item Type :- An item type to restrict this engine to activities associated with that item type. If you do not specify an item type, the engine processes any activity regardless of its item type.
- Minimum Threshold :- The minimum cost that an activity must have for this background engine to execute it, in hundredths of a second.
- Maximum Threshold :- The maximum cost that an activity can have for this background engine to execute it, in hundredths of a second. By using Minimum Threshold and Maximum Threshold you can create multiple background engines to handle very specific types of activities. The default values for these arguments are null so that the background engine runs activities regardless of cost.
- Process Deferred :- Whether this background engine checks for deferred activities. Setting this parameter to Yes allows the engine to check for deferred activities.
- Process Timeout :- Whether this background engine checks for activities that have timed out. Setting this parameter to Yes allows the engine to check for timed out activities.
- Process Stuck :- Whether this background engine checks for stuck processes. Setting this parameter to Yes allows the engine to check for stuck processes.
1.. Running Workflow Background Process from Oracle E-Business Suite Front End
a. Navigate to Responsibility: System Administrator
b. Navigate to Navigate: Requests > Run
c. Select Workflow Background Process from the list of values.
d. Enter parameters:
Item Type = PO
Process Deferred = yes
Process Timeout = yes
f. Submit concurrent program
2.. Running Workflow Background Process from SQL Prompt
from unix prompt
Happy Learning !!!!