SYMPTOMS :- A user has been assigned a responsibility, however the responsibility is not shown in the user’s home page. Data in Workflow Directory tables has been checked and found to be OK.
Neither clearing the global cache nor bouncing Apache solve the issue …
CAUSE :- Responsibility has been explicitly hidden by user, through the Edit Navigator page. That page allows to Hide / Show any assigned responsibility.
For Release 11i test the following steps:
1. login as the user
2. click on “Edit Navigator” button
3. Display all responsibilities
4.Confirm the problematic responsibility was hidden, select it and click “Show”, then “Apply”
5. The responsibility should now be shown in the home page
6. To check whether other users have hidden some responsibilities, you can run that SQL :
From ICX_CUSTOM_MENU_ENTRIES i, FND_USER u
For R12 test the following steps:
1. Login as the affected user.
2. Under “Main Menu”, Click on ‘Personalize’ button.
3. Ensure ‘Display’ indicates “All Responsibilities” and click ‘GO’ button.
If you can see the Responsibility in this list, but it is not “Shown”:
4. Check the ‘Select’ box next to the Cisco Visa User Responsibility.
5. Click ‘Show’ button.
6. Click ‘Apply’ button.
7. Verify Responsibility is now shown.
8. Migrate to other environments if required.
Happy Learning !!!!